Friday, November 18, 2011

Flat Fashion

I'm short. Without shoes I stand at 5'0" even. Yep, short.

Therefore, heels have become my really good friends. I wear them every day to work. I have black heels, pink heels, white heels, brown heels, black boots with heels, gray boots with heels ... I could keep going.

Now of course, I don't wear them solely because of the height.  I like them. I enjoy wearing them, when I'm not standing for four or more hours at a time.

No heels?

I went to the doctor earlier this week because of a pain I had in the ball of my foot. And what I feared came true ... I was forbidden from wearing high heels.

I went to work, without heels on, and heard over and over phrases such as "wow, you're short!" or "I never noticed how little you are!"


Not wearing heels to work just doesn't feel write. I'm a journalist. I'm a professional. I need to go out to interview people and impress them with the way I look, and I like having the heels there to assist with making that impression.
Diablo Pilot boot

So I wore moccasins one day and tennis shoes the next. Now it's Friday and I've already given in.

I'm wearing my brown Diablo Pilot boots that I bought from DSW in September.

They have a small heel so I'm justifying it.

I feel much better with my extra height boost.

Flats just aren't for me.

Despite my lack of listening to the doctor in reference to not wearing heels, you shouldn't ever risk your health or well-being for fashion. I'm wearing a pad on the bottom of my foot to comfort the injured area. And I'll still be taking breaks from heels occasionally.

TIP: If you like accessories like I do, I always try to coordinate my jewelry with my shoes. Even when it's something so minor that only a fellow fashionista would notice, I still like it. With my Diablo Pilot boots I wear bracelets and earrings that match the buckle on the boot. You can buy good jewelry at cheap prices at places like Kohl's or Target. They usually have decent sales.

Keep it fancy, fashionistas!

No comments:

Post a Comment