Tuesday, December 20, 2011

For the freezing fashionistas with a tendency to text

It's winter. It's cold.

When it's cold, our hands get cold. So we wear gloves.

However, when it's cold and we have gloves on, we can't use touchscreens - which is what most of our phones are now.

Big dilemma. I used to hate walking across Wayne State's campus not being able to use my iPod or phone without having to take my glove off.

Then the answer came - fingerless gloves! Also known as hobo gloves.

They come in all shapes, sizes, colors and patterns. Some have a mitten-top that can be folded back, some just don't have anything to cover the tips of your fingers.

These things are amazing. I wear them all the time and I can use my phone and iPod all I want without a hassle. And despite popular belief, they are fashionable!

I'm always dressed up; most always in a dress and always in heels. I wouldn't wear something that made me look like a hobo (although last winter I was on a date with a guy, dressed nice of course, and we had to walk quite a ways so I wore my hobo gloves - and he told me I look like a hobo with them on! He was wrong, as men usually are!).

You can buy these gloves at most department stores - Target, Kohls, JCPenney, etc.

They're cheap, so I try to get some in multiple colors. I have black and white ones, gray ones and I'm looking for a pair of red ones right now to match my favorite scarf!

Stay warm and stylish, fashionistas!

No comments:

Post a Comment